• HISTORY

    The history of Ust-Donetsk port dates back to April 30, 1960. It was also the time when Ust-Donetsky industrial community emerged. The port is 146 km away from Rostov-on-Don, at the mouth of the Seversky Donets. It has the adjacent railway station – Ust-Donetskaya one of the North-Caucasian railway.

    UDP was conceived as a transport hub for dispatching large volumes of bulk cargoes, timber and other ones from the East of Russia to the Ukraine, Moldavia and the Black Sea basin countries. Cargo handling volume of the port exceeded 10,5 mln tons, with its design capacity being 12 mln tons of cargoes.

    In 1965, coal handling complex (up to 2,4 thousand tons/hour production capacity) was put into operation. The volume of transshipment amounted to 3,7 mln tons of cargoes that year.

    In 1970, 5,9 mln tons were handled during the navigation: daily handling of railway cars was 600-700 pcs, with average handling of 30-40 thousand tons per day.

     

     

    In 1981, the port had 40 gantry cranes, 10 floating cranes, 3 dredgers, a coal handling complex, 1,4 km total length berths, and the hard-surfaced warehouse areas of over 13 km. The employees numbered on average more than 1200 people annually. The volume of handling was 9 mln 450 thousand tons of cargoes per year.

    In 1992, the standalone division of Volgo-Don River Shipping Company, Ust-Donetsk port, got the status of a state enterprise as a result of reorganization of VDRSC.

    In 1993, the state enterprise "Ust-Donetsk port" became a joint-stock company due to privatization and was named open-type joint-stock company "Ust-Donetsk port".

    In 1996, open-type joint-stock company "Ust-Donetsk port" was renamed into open joint-stock company "Ust-Donetsk port".

    JSC "Ust-Donetsk port" was renamed into CJSC "Ust-Donetsk port" in 2012.

     

     

   


закрыть
Усть-Донецкий порт



Перейти на сайт